Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Janna, Empress of the Sands

Kebet
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Kebet polycounter lvl 3
Last Update: 

Hello everyone! I am so excited about this proyect, my main objetive is to improve my skills at body sculpt, and to achieve that I decided to create a new skin for Janna, nomad of the oasis. (The skin name is provisional for now)

I started searching references and sketching some heads desings. Instead of a scepter she has a flabellum and as a companion she has a beetle instead of the elemental bird.

Hope you like it!

Replies

• DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Looks really cool!
    My faves are Bug number 1, head number 1 & 3, and simply all staffs look amazing cant decide there xD
  • hellokritty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hellokritty vertex
    I also like bug number 1. I think head 1 would read as Janna more, especially with her ultimate causing her hair to blow around.
  • Howling Carnage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Howling Carnage polycounter lvl 5
    Can't wait to see how this turns out. I agree with Hellkritty that Head 1 will read more as Janna. She's never really had anything covering her head up. I also really like Bug 1 and Staff 2. 
  • Kebet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kebet polycounter lvl 3
    Update!

Thank you so much for the feedback, I finally chose the first head and made two full body sketches, my favorite one is the second one (but I really don´t like the belt so I have to give it a twist)

• Howling Carnage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well the belt on 2 is the faction icon of Shurima, so it definitely fits the theme, but you're right. It's rather bulky compared to the rest of her. 
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Kebet said:
    Update!

Thank you so much for the feedback, I finally chose the first head and made two full body sketches, my favorite one is the second one (but I really don´t like the belt so I have to give it a twist)

you could also try to give her some more clothes so the belt doesnt hurt so much (considering it has almost the width of her body while she has almost nothing on apart of that) If you need some inspiration look at Classic Sivir or Azir. Some purple bits of clothing would fit or in general maybe go more for shurima direction instead of just egyptian.
  • Kebet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kebet polycounter lvl 3
    New sketch with a color test, I think this is the one that fits better with my skin idea. Time to start sculpting! :D

Thank you for the feedback!

PD: I must found a good name for the skin theme XD

• DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Kebet said:
    New sketch with a color test, I think this is the one that fits better with my skin idea. Time to start sculpting! :D

Thank you for the feedback!

PD: I must found a good name for the skin theme XD

looks nice but I think some more clothes would be good since Riot is moving away from that half naked/naked Janna also as you went "away" from egyptian and took the shurima (with the colors). I'd call it Shurima Janna btw / Emperor of the Sands Janna or so. Oh and maybe not so pointy ears (cant rly remember how her ears are currently but they seem a bit very pointy/long)
  • Kebet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kebet polycounter lvl 3
    Little changes on the desing, I added more clothes and no more XD. Thank you @DawnHeart for the feedback. I must redifine the body structure (ears and jaw) a little but I think I can start sculping the base model at least.

• Howling Carnage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your concept is looking great. I look forward to seeing your progress.
  • DawnHeart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DawnHeart polygon
    Kebet said:
    Little changes on the desing, I added more clothes and no more XD. Thank you @DawnHeart for the feedback. I must redifine the body structure (ears and jaw) a little but I think I can start sculping the base model at least.

looks really much better this way nice :D cant wait for the finish :)