Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Illustration

[Riot Creative Context 2017] Music Box/Ballerina Orianna

null
Hello everyone!

So this is my first Polycount contest that I'm joining. I've been planning to post this a few days ago but had to finish some non-work related errands. I've had this idea for "Music Box Orianna" or "Ballerina Orianna" for a while now; after reading her lore and studying her skins. Personally, I'm also heavily interested in old paintings and classic works from different eras. For this idea, I'm looking at inspiration from Edgar Degas and Konstantin Razumov. I'm still deciding some certain aspects of what I'm aiming to achieve so here's a mood board! 

Can't wait to see other people's works as well. :)

Ams

Replies

• Marie_Miau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marie_Miau polygon
    That sounds so beautiful and fitting!
  • wabisxxbi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wabisxxbi null
    That sounds so beautiful and fitting!
    Thank you! :smile: 
  • wabisxxbi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wabisxxbi null
    Update: 

So I was exploring on different music box options. I was experimenting with different perspectives on how to showcase it's going to be Music-Box Orianna. The second sketch is a little messy but it's a little more noticeable that it would be a music box without having to take over so much space. 

Another idea I had was to change it a little and make it into Ballerina Orianna, with her ball companion being the music box floating around her. Still unsure of the name of the skin design but here's some studies of ballerina poses (ball included LOL) and a few design options for the Ball. 

Next thing I'm going to look round is on the tutu and outfit options for Orianna. :smile: 

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome!!