Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[Riot Creative Contest 2017] Character Art- Harrowing Lissandra (working title)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
PeterGandia polycounter lvl 4
Hey all,

So much amazing stuff so far. I have to be a part of this to show my love for LoL.
I've been playing since Season 2 (my gameplay does not reflect that duration, hahahaha).
My first CHAMPION when I started was Lissandra. I loved the whole launch package Riot put together
for her. She holds a sweet spot in my heart in League of Legends so I decided to create a skin for her.

Back when I did the Beast Hunter Jinx fan skin I wrote down
a bunch of ideas for other skins I would like to create. I might do another idea with this but lets start with one first.

HARROWING LISSANDRA (working title)

REFERENCES:

(above) Lissandra's main model is very architectural and although some of the new skins deviate from that, they still retain a rigid and hard surface structure. My inspirations are elaborate tombs, graveyards, the Harrowing and LoL graveyard themes (IE: Yorick and Corpse Bride Morgana). 
I love incorporating skulls and bones into my concepts but there is a problem with China (one of the game's biggest audiences) censoring human bone or elements of exposed flesh so we will have to be a little more creative.

I started off with this as a jump off point to get the concept rolling (below).

After the 2 initial sketches above, I wanted to do more exploration so I came up with these (below).

I'm sold on having the ghouls at her feet... I tried some tombstones, rubble and chains but they don't have the same WOW factor.
These are all just rough sketches and silhouettes. I will clean up the final chosen concept in the game's iso view before modeling.
I am open to constructive feedback from the community (doesn't mean I will follow it, hehehe)

All in all, I feel good about this start but I'm also SO excited to see what everyone else comes up with!!!
 <3  B)

Replies