Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragon Castle Hand Painted Model

alexrc
interpolator
Offline / Send Message
alexrc interpolator

Took me about a week on this figuring out what I wanted to do but I liked the design in the end! Made with Maya, zBrush and 3Dcoat. Hope you like it!

Replies

• Auldbenkenobi
    Offline / Send Message
    Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
    It's cute, I like it!

Criticisms would be maybe putting some more detail into the texture of the Dragons body in the same way you have with his head. Nothing too much, maybe just small patches of detail, to flesh him out a bit more (Pun not intended).

Also, not sure how low poly you were aiming for, but I reckon he could have benefitted from a few extra polys in his rear leg and wings. There's some obvious faceting in some areas.

The castle could also benefit from maybe the odd brick sticking out here and there, just to give it a more interesting silhouette.

Nice work otherwise! 
  • alexrc
    Offline / Send Message
    alexrc interpolator
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I agree I couldve added some more geometry on his body and a little bit more texturing. Mainly just wanted the head to be the focal point and the body to be in the background, with the wings being another focal point so I added some detail in the fleshy parts. 

I was playing around with some bricks sticking out of the castle and I had sculpted them and had them all ready to go, however when I took a step back and looked at the final result, the overall was too busy. I was aiming for a more simple design so I had to move on without the bricks. But thats good advice and thank you