Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

My 2017 progress - looking for critique

vertex
Hey! 2017 year was very important for my artistic career :) I finally started to make commisions, met a lot of people (mentors) and I started to feel that my skill is progressing. This year I worked hard on portraits, mostly.
My latest art:

I'm almost happy with her face and anatomy but I know that clothes could be better. But I'm a little stuck. No matter how hard I'm working on leather look or shirt texture, I'm failing. The only texture I'm good at (I think) is metal and skin.
Here is my portfolio https://www.artstation.com/miss-alchemist (only 2017 work).

I'd be happy for some advices and good tutorials for textures, perspective and dynamic poses (I have a problem with that too).

Replies

• MykulJaxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MykulJaxin polycounter lvl 4
    For me, I think the design of the clothes could use some work. She'd be getting chafed in some mighty uncomfortable ways with her shirt that short and belts over her nipples. Also take a look at the straps and how they almost look like they're glued to her skin. I get that functionality doesn't always have to be a thing, but her bottom half seems much more comfortably attired than her top half.
  • missalchemist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    missalchemist vertex
    Tbh it wasn't my idea to make her look comfortable. And clothes here are not designed at all. I focused in this photo, like I said, on her face and pose. That's why I'm asking for tips or any good tutorials for materials because I know I'm not good at it. I made her naked at the start, clothes went after, just to cover her up so I can post it on SM without being banned anywhere : B
    Thanks for comment!