Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] How far would you go? -- Jarvan 4 Story

Babu234664
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Babu234664 polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone,

My name`s Bruno and I`m excited to join this contest. I always loved writing and I hope to get a new look on Jarvan`s backstory.

My main idea is to tell a new story based on an old one. Here`s the thing:

Jarvan 4 was once defeated by Swain, but Garen saved him from the hands of Urgot. What if, this time, he didn`t? What if Jarvan were so thrilled to get his revenge on Swain, and that cost A LOT to him?

Aw, sorry for some grammar errors, I`m from Brazil and I`ll be fixing them before sending the final version to Riot :)

Feel free to tell me that it sucks and I should not keep going with it hahaha

Here`s a draft of the beggining of that story... Hope you guys like it:

Silence... That`s all that Jarvan could notice. Some of his fellow soldiers were laying at the gelid floor from winter denounced the worst. He had won... One more time. For an instant he tried to loose the chains holding him to the ground, but obtained no sucess so decided to spare his strengths... He wasn`t wearing the so famous armor nor his spear but he could see them at the corner of this dark, putrid room. Some footsteps can be heard, someone is coming and he already know who it is.

"How do you feel knowing that you are in my hands for the second time?" said Swain with a sarcastic smile.

Jarvan didn`t answer. The extreme fatigue, heavy breathing and wounds were stronger than any words that he could try to produce at this moment. Every single drop of his blood were like a countdown to the iminent end.

"Look into my eyes. What do you see?" Said Swain, as he approached Jarvan trying to provoke him.

With a lot of effot, Jarvan release a single word:

"Weakness."

Swain start to laugh while he walks on the captivity until someone opens the door and call him with an emergency tone on his voice. Jarvan is too weak to be able to identify him visually, but he clearly listens to the following phrase:

"He is here."

The silence returns for a moment, but Swain interrupts it saying:

"I`m on my way."

The old strategist take his walking stick as he walks to the door, but before leaving he stares at Jarvan as he say:

"To think that, last time, he managed to save you. You were never strong enough to stop me, Jarvan. I learnt from my mistakes and I can assure you that I won`t repeat them. He won`t save you this time." 

Swain slam the door, Jarvan pass out.

[CONTINUE]