Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some Demonboi

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Goeddy greentooth
heyall, i've been working on this demon dude for a while now.
so you know how characters are supposed to have a personality, backstory, history, motiviations, a world they live in etc.
well this dude has none of that.
he started as a nightstalker fanart, but then i had some other ideas for him and went a bit off the rails.
so far he has been defined by certain shapes i liked and felt like sculpting and the rest is just filled in space with whatever else fit.

so um yeah no idea where i am going with this dude tbh.
the cloth is kinda set more or less, the focus is supposed to be on the upper body i gues.
open for any suggestions, comments, remarks, anything really.

current state:

old wips:

Replies

• Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    hp is kinda done

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    He is really cool man! Two things I personally feel you could give some more touchups, his back that is so smooth, especially compared to his chest and arms, it look as he has two different body types. And also his shoes look really flat and boring compared to the rest of the character. But a damn fine job on the sculpt! 
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    thank you :) good points, I have had someone else point the back out as well so its definitely something I will try to address. same with the shoes actually i have to admit i wasn't too inspired with them anyways, but i'm not quite sure what to do with them, I don't want to scrap them and I don't want to completely rework them, kinda don't feel like its worth the effort.
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I would say find a cool demon that you like and try to look at how they made those shoes/feet. So rework it and make it ace, it would be a shame to let the feet drag down the rest which is so good! ;)