Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Character Art

[RIOT CREATIVE CONTEST 2017] Character Art - Project Diana

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Ouran greentooth
Hey there!

I was looking for a new personal project to start and this is contest looks like the perfect opportunity to start something with a serious deadline in mind. Diana has always been a character that struck me for her graciousness and profound intent in everything she does. Therefore I thought she'd make a great candidate for a Project skin.

To get started, I gather a bunch of reference and regrouped them into three different boards. One is focused on Diana's base look and will be used to study her general shape language as well as her features. The second one collects all the current skins available for Diana and will be used to study how Riot managed to keep her identity while giving her completely new looks. The third one is a collection of various Project skins which will be used to study the shape language of that family.

I believe the greatest challenge will be to marry both shape languages, especially since Diana is all about arcs and curves whereas the Project skins introduce a heavy amount of sharp edges and breakups. Hopefully, I'll find some way to make them blend together with harmony.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's project shape up as we all push towards the finish line!

-Ouran

Replies