Home Unreal Engine

Enemy Ai attack animation set up bp

Mcbeardo
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mcbeardo polycounter lvl 4
Hi

So yeah i have looked at all the tutorials... Well it feels like it. Every tutorial is outdated, nodes does not exist thats used in most if not all tutorials. Making things very difficult. But then again isent that how it suppose to be?

So i made my enemy roam,  and when he sees me it runs up and says hello. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkSKqnjIVjk

In that clip if he sees me he will come to me. And not roam. But that does not matter for what i want to do.

But i want to add attacks. 
I have added the animation for the attack in the animation blueprint. inside the "final pose". 
But its the blueprint i dont know how to get going with. 

And its very unclear to me though how to set up an attack for an enemy, i assume it's the same as for an player char minus the player camera setup & control inputs etc.

Iam not interested in setting up roaming enemies, only specifically setting up the attack animation, when enemy is in proximity of character.

Then again i am not sure. Cause there are no tuts on this. And the documentation is fairly empty on this subject.  Now if you instantly know i am wrong  i challenge you to prove me wrong:D

The version i use now is Ue 4.16.3
And iam looking for updated tutorials or examples and any help on this. 

Thanks in advance and have a good day!

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    You can have a boolean or enumeration in the enemy char blueprint, that would change when it needs to go into different state. Then in the anim blueprint, you can just get that variable from the owner of the anim bp, and use it in a state machine.
  • Mcbeardo
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcbeardo polycounter lvl 4
    Haha hey obscura thanks for the last time, i guess ill just go straight to you from now on eh. :P 
    iam moving on with the plan. 

https://youtu.be/cmpPvpr89NI

Thats my enemy Ai. Doing lots of ai tutorials, and i feel know all of them are the same. i dunno if thats a good thing or not. 
    And basicly i just want a enemy with a fist and kick attack, since the player is partwise a ball. 

i found a long series of tutorials about 20 eps on ue official. i think i allready done 70% of it all. But since iam still fresh around blueprints i cant really put the nodes out of what you saying. 

Or i have the broad perspective. Like, i can make the variables, and connect them to what ever.   Ill keep going, and try it out what you said. 

And thats a sharp sword u got on yer artstation. I need to get into substance... 
    I own quixel, but it hasent worked since i bought it. 

Ah well, keep rocking and ill keep schooling.