Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP] The Descent of the Aspects (Zoe/Pantheon/Aurelion Sol)

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
OraMagi null
Hi there! My name's Yemi, but I go by OraMagi on most online platforms. I'm heavily into creative writing, world-building and lore-writing so when I saw this contest go live, I jumped at the opportunity to put myself on Riot's radar! It's definitely somewhere I've wanted to work for the longest time and I can certainly see this as one of the steps I need to take. As for my entry...

The Decent of The Aspects (working title) - featuring Zoe, Pantheon and Aurelion Sol
I knew immediately that I wanted to do something which stands out and immediately catches attention as soon as you lay eyes on the title. What's a better way to do that than by having my work feature the latest addition to the League of Legends? Zoe's epithet is the "Aspect of Twilight" and she's dubbed as a being which can affect multiple realities. Which got me thinking - what other possible realities are there in Runeterra?

As far as we as Summoners are aware, alternate universes do exist. In the form of Skin lines! Each skin line; from Guardian of the Sands to Star Guardian are all depictions of our favourite champions in different dimensions. Take Vayne for example. On one hand, "Classic" Vayne is a Night Hunter, someone who devotes her life to extinguishing the foul magics which pollute Valoran. On the other hand, the newly teased PROJECT: Vayne is a program-of-sorts, absolutely dedicated to its "Hunter Protocol", which dictates that PROJECT be eradicated in it's entirety. 

Returning to the topic at hand, Zoe's release skin is "Hacker Zoe", which strengthened the idea in my mind, that Zoe can be linked to the events currently occurring in PROJECT universe. This doesn't mean that she can only be linked to universes where she has a matching skin, but it's a lot easier to prove her involvement in that way. So whilst Zoe is off gallivanting in other realities, the only other known Aspect, Pantheon, could just be...watching. Waiting for a suitable vessel to possess so that it may exert its will upon the mortal realm. Zoe just happens to pop in to the "Home of the Aspects" every now and again to say hi.

I'm still unsure of whether I want to include League's resident space dragon, but he can definitely fit into the story I'm planning. I hope you'll enjoy what I've got in store!

[08/11 - UPDATE] What should Zoe and Pantheon's relationship be? Zoe is clearly a playful trickster but Pantheon is a rather serious Aspect, being associated with War and whatnot. It doesn't mean that he can't have a sense of humour or anything. As far as I'm aware, there's no real canon portrayal of the Aspect of War, so this could be an opportunity to paint him as I see fit.

[10/11 - UPDATE] When does this story occur? Due to the working title being "Decent of the Aspects", I was thinking of having this story take place before Pantheon descends to Runeterra to make Atreus his vessel. The majority of the story would be a conversation between Zoe and Pantheon - perhaps they're at odds as to whether the Aspects should interfere with mortal matters. Is there precedent for what Pantheon wants to do? I don't believe so. As a result of her childish nature, she could view this as her losing a friend. She could view this as Pantheon betraying her. Here lies the conflict for the story.

[21/11 - UPDATE] Yo, its been a while! Been thinking up some stuff to play with and I think I might take this story in a slightly different direction! With the release of Zoe today and some short-form lore, I've got some canon stuff to play around with. If I've learnt anything, its that she's just as playful and inquisitive as I thought she'd be. But there's gotta be another side to that, right? I think I'm going to play around with the theme of loneliness with Zoe. The other Aspects have left her for their Runeterran vessels, but she's only decided to come down now? Why? Was there an argument? Or was she just immature and decided to go and sulk in another dimension. I think it would be safe to consider my entry as a prequel of sorts, before Zoe descends for the first time. Yeah. That'll work nicely.

[22/11 - UPDATE] I played Zoe for the first time today! She's sooooo fun! I'd had some sort of an idea of how she'd work since I'd been watching streams and gameplay vids non-stop! She's so bouncy and happy go lucky! It makes me want to dig deeper and uncover all of the negativity hidden somewhere within even more!

Okay, that was unnecessarily sinister, but there is some truth to it! She's sassy and very independent and you don't get that way over 5000 years or so without encountering some unsightly situations. This makes me thing that there's even more of a basis for my story. It's a shame that there's only 1000 words to play with - I could go on for ages with this story! Anyway, the first draft should be ready today - look forward to it!

Replies