Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - Narrative

[WIP]- Piltover's Finest

CLASHatDEMONHEAD
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
CLASHatDEMONHEAD polycounter lvl 5
A work in progress thread tracking a short narrative featuring Vi. Details to follow.

I ended up with four major draft changes that kept redefining the narrative I was telling.

The initial idea was to write a short script telling a story about Vi.
I wanted to do an action based story, with some strong character quips. 
The inspiration came to do a script that felt like it could fit in with Cops/Bad Boys 2/Point Break.
Every cop needs a partner, Vi already had Cait so I brought her into the fold. 
Finally, I needed a villain I landed on trying my hand with Teemo. I saw comedic opportunities. 

Over the first major rewrites, I felt the dialogue was lacking and that putting Teemo as the villain just felt like a ploy to get another face in there. I had to ask, was Teemo necessary to the story? No. He was stuffed in there on a whim. Once I removed his flat character from the story, everything just felt more full. I had more time with Vi and Cait. More time with characters I didn't have to fluff up for more than just punching bags. 

On the final rewrite, I felt satisfied with just about everything but the word limit, I definitely pushed the thousand words to the brink.