Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Creative Contest 2017 Riot Creative Contest 2017 - VFX

[RIOT ART CONTEST] Rubfish

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Rubfish vertex

Hi there!

I made some mistakes on my first contest because i should sleep before reading a guidelines. The old topic was DarkStar Bard, i create the tunnel and other stuffs but they shouldnt be on that contest, sorry.

Here is where i start my  first Riot Art Contest ^^.

I'll do it using Blender, Unity and Krita. 

I'll create a skill with the DarkStar topic. 

- Some cool references -

- First sketch- 

- More ideas-

Thanks for reading! <3

- Update 15/11/2017- 

Still testing stuffs, i create a first vision of the Bard's R (consider it like a projectile with a hit ;)). I'll like to change the colors and priorize a pink/blue with more red details on the impact. I'll add the projectile soon.
Feedback is welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xtEgf5FJA

- Update 17/11/2017-

I'm really bussy so i'm taking it slow. I make some changes on the colors, to adjust it to the main theme. The old colors were really close to the main Bard skin.
Also, I polished some parts on the impact, adding some stuffs and created the projectile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lYmYnbiCc&amp;feature=youtu.be
As always, feedback is welcome and loved!

I have some stuffs on my roadmap like a shot effect, the zonhyas and adding some impact to the projectile. I'll like to have a complete first version this week-end.

- An small update-

An small update, some improves. I'm not sure about the dissolve result, i'll update an HQ version when i have the first complete version ^^.
As always, feedback is welcome <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODXWjV2yDRg&amp;feature=youtu.be

Thanks for following!

Replies

• Yooleeoosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yooleeoosh null
    Hey, nice idea! You must have been really hyped to do so much from the moment the guidelines were published :) I'm just not sure if this effect hits those guidelines. Make sure it does before spending more hours with this beauty :)
  • Kano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kano polycounter lvl 6
    Wow, that's speed.
    What will happen tomorrow?
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    @YooleeooshOh my god, i didnt read the part of "attack". Just tough in a Stylized effect. 
    I'm gonna keep the theme but gonna change some stuffs on the next hours. Thanks! (I feel really dumb now)
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    Welcome to the 3D! :D
    I'll try to create the head and create the anticipation, the trail's and background quads texture takes me some time ^^

• alemar95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alemar95 null
    Rubfish said:
    I'll try to create the head and create the anticipation, the trail's and background quads texture takes me some time ^^
    hey  dude that looks sick. jw what 3d package are you using for the particles?
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    alemar95 said:
    Rubfish said:
    Hey!
    What u mean for 3D package? 
    I'm using Blender to model my own shapes and Unity as engine ^^ (it's on the first post)
    Thanks <3
  • alemar95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alemar95 null
    Rubfish said:
    alemar95 said:
    Rubfish said:
    Hey!
    I'm using Blender to model my own shapes and Unity as engine ^^ (it's on the first post)
    Thanks <3
    Well, I was wondering how you made that projectile in the image. 
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    alemar95 said:
    Rubfish said:
    alemar95 said:
    Rubfish said:
    Hey!
    Thanks <3
    Sorry, i wont make any breakdown until the contest ends ^^ It's just a mix of turned mesh with some quads with two different UV to modify them along tome, nothing quite impresive
  • alemar95
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alemar95 null
    Rubfish said:
    alemar95 said:
    Rubfish said:
    alemar95 said:
    Rubfish said:
    Hey!
    Thanks <3
    Sorry, i wont make any breakdown until the contest ends ^^ It's just a mix of turned mesh with some quads with two different UV to modify them along tome, nothing quite impresive
    Oh nah fam, that answered my question! I was wondering if it was mesh, particles or you drew that  keep it up!
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    Still testing stuffs, i create a first vision of the Bard's R (consider it like a projectile with a hit ;)). I'll like to change the colors and priorize a pink/blue with more red details on the impact. I'll add the projectile soon.
    Feedback is welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xtEgf5FJA
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    -ANOTHER UPDATE-
    I'm really bussy so i'm taking it slow. I make some changes on the colors, to adjust it to the main theme. The old colors were really close to the main Bard skin.
    Also, I polished some parts on the impact, adding some stuffs and created the projectile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lYmYnbiCc&amp;feature=youtu.be
    As always, feedback is welcome and loved!

I have some stuffs on my roadmap like a shot effect, the zonhyas and adding some impact to the projectile. I'll like to have a complete first version this week-end.

Thanks for following!
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    - An small update-

An small update, some improves. I'm not sure about the dissolve result, i'll update an HQ version when i have the first complete version ^^.
    As always, feedback is welcome <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODXWjV2yDRg&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • parag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parag polycounter lvl 4
    Looks really amazing man, the dissipation at the end looks a bit odd though (sparks which appear at very end ) :) 
  • Rubfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubfish vertex
    - Final version-
    I couldnt finish my two projects, my tablet has stopped working this christmast and other stuffs c:
    Next year i'll try to do my best.
    The last post i did will be my finished version, with a lot of mistakes but i've tryied ^^.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODXWjV2yDRg

Thanks for following my work, see you <3.