Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Climbing scene

vertex
Offline / Send Message
ikhaled0n vertex
hey, here is a short climbing scene I've made for studying, keep in mind that it's my first time using a camera, lots of fun playing around with but certainly there is more technical advice I want to hear from you. 

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/198532#270747

Replies

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    woah, i like that camera work there. There seems to be a bit of jitteryness. Is that the model or the camera?
  • ikhaled0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikhaled0n vertex
    woah, i like that camera work there. There seems to be a bit of jitteryness. Is that the model or the camera?
    The camera i believe 
  • LloydHallam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LloydHallam polycounter lvl 8
    From what I can tell, the animation looks good. But it's difficult to critique properly when the camera is moving. Moving camera shots aren't the best for animation unless it's absolutely necessary.
  • Einar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Einar polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, i've added some notes. You have some interesting body mechanics and i really enjoy the animation. I feel like you have used your reference very well. My notes are based around pushing the weight and getting away from that more referenced feel of the piece.

Important: I would like to add that in the future you should stay away from the camera handheld offsets when you are looking for reviews (AKA the camerashake). Put them on a layer on the camera and turn it off. The camera shakes makes it harder for me to notice where the weight problems are (But i still feel the problems)
  • ikhaled0n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikhaled0n vertex
    i should turn off camera next time (y)

Einar - i really appreciate your notes, thank you