Home Adobe Substance

SDesigner Colour ID baking. I get weird results.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
capone polycounter lvl 18
I get weird splotches and artifacts when baking colour ID maps in Designer. Any idea what this is and/or how to fix it please?

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Do you bake using vertex color, material colors, polygroups?
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc said:
    Do you bake using vertex color, material colors, polygroups?
    Either Material colours or IDs
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Previous was with SDesigner 5, the following is with SDesigner 2017. What on earth is going on? I've tried every possible setting and this is the closest I can get to what I want (polygroup/submeshID). Really I should be using 'MaterialColour' or 'MaterialID' as that's how I've set it up in Max but then I get just 1 or 2 colours. Other thing is I don't have a high poly but just a low poly. Tried 'Use low as high definition' but makes no difference.

Whenever I look up tutorials for 'Substance ID map baking' etc it's just people baking the map in a 3D program and importing the bitmap into Substance. It seems like most people just do that? 

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Is there any way you can share your mesh? I've never seen that kind of issue on an ID bake before.
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc said:
    Is there any way you can share your mesh? I've never seen that kind of issue on an ID bake before.

Unfortunately this is a commercial project, I just tried another asset and getting something similar. I'll try and make a very simple mesh with MatIDs for you. Meanwhile, here are my settings;

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Try turning off diffusion as it can be a bit wacky. 

Material color and use high as low should work. 
    Have you checked that the fbx is actually taking the materials by reimporting it? Could be an export settings issue? 

• capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I've tried just about everything, even in substance painter as well as designer and it just always has glitches, even on different PCs. I tried it with a personal project file and still the same problem, I'll try and upload it but have no idea what file sharing program to use? Any suggestions of something free/simple? What would you want? Just the FBX?

Such a shame but at least I can just render to texture in max and import that into substance. 
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • kio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kio polycounter lvl 15
    do the meshes intersect each other?
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For my original mesh it's just a low poly on it's own, I've tried it on it's own and also tried setting it as the HP for bakes.