Home Marmoset

Script request / Toolbag feature request

pom
pom
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
pom polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys, I really wish I could make this but I can't do scripting, this is something I'd assume is semi-easy to script, pardon me if not.

I would really like a script/option that does the following: while AO is baking, around the currently baking Hi-Poly object group, only use the low poly shapes of the model around it ("Ignore Groups" has to be checked), this would fix all the shapes mismatches happening (usually on cylinders).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can make this.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Could you write a more detailed description of the problem you're having and how you think it could be solved? With image examples as well?
  • pom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pom polycounter lvl 3
    From what I understand of your baker, it bakes groups from top to bottom.

A frequent issue I get when baking AO are those white areas where high/low polygons intersect.
    This is a simple test, a cylinder on top of another one, two different groups: baking AO the regular way (Ignore Groups checked).

A trick I found to fix this kind of issue is to load all the low polygons around a group that is problematic (bottom cylinder is), bake, then merge the good parts in Photoshop, very tedious on complex models.

So basically what I would like is a script/checkbox that would bake the list from top to bottom, but for every group it bakes except the current one, loads the low poly versions. 

I am aware that using "Ignore Groups" does that kind of thing when high/low polygons have some differences but I also like the overall results more, I believe this would be very useful and a time saver.