Home Adobe Substance

Naturally looking errosion

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
I would like to give a procedural imperfections some true looking erosion and sediments,  like dry water streams on the ground etc.      I guess it's probably better to do in some 3d paty soft like World Machine.  Is it?        What's the best soft to do it  currently?    Or  World Machine  would work only for macro scale  for things like mountains.     Is there a  cool and swift soft/plugin that could do it on height image produced by Substance designer?

ps. I did it years ago in a defunct soft Geo Control. But it wasn't very helpful actually.

Replies

• TangDao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TangDao polycounter lvl 6
    Houdini has some great landscape tools and you can import your height map and start with that.I don't think you can export textures with the free version but you can export your mesh.
      I'm interested in doing something similar in  designer as well.
  • swann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swann polycounter lvl 4
    World Creator is realtime. They have Discord server.
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions .  As of Houdini it's just not my kind of things.  I spent a lot of time  learning it and  it definitely has a few cool things.  But every time  when it came to some real, actual job/project  necessity  It's proclaimed flexibility didn't allow to do things I wanted.  In reasonable time frame at least.   It always ended up with  never ending  R&D.  
    nodeway said:
    World Creator is realtime. They have Discord server.
    Looks very promising.  Do they have a trial/demo version or something?  Their web page showing mythbusters under "features" topic is kind of weird.       Also what is Descord server ?  Another social something?  Is it related?
  • swann
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swann polycounter lvl 4
    Mix of Skype + forum like service. Slack for gamers. But many game companies started to use it as their official forum like platform. Plus DCC companies started to use it for the same reasons. Allegorithmic team have their own official server there too.

Ask them directly there for demo/beta.
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
       Thanks nodeway  .  It's definitely worth trying