Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] 3D Modeler Needed

tranzadikt
null
In need of a 3D Modeler who can handle modelling Faberge Eggs (google image to see). Pay is $10 per egg, with around 10-12 which need modelling. Please email me your portfolio to adam@vainpictures.com

Thankyou

Replies

• DEEPENDRA DEV JAISHI
    Offline / Send Message
    DEEPENDRA DEV JAISHI polycounter lvl 11
    How much details you need.
    There are many models with high details and low details can you please provide us some images of what details you need.

• nevarezr
    Offline / Send Message
    nevarezr polycounter lvl 2
    Only $10 per faberge egg?? Do you reside in the US? Do you know how long it would take to model one faberge egg? Sometimes it's discouraging to me how my fellow US citizens devalue the work of a 3D artist. By the way, a real faberge egg can go at a minimum for $10k for the amount of work it requires to make one. And, although, it's not the same amount of time and work required to make one digitally, it amuses me you only want to pay $10 for one.
  • LimitedSlipStudios
    Offline / Send Message
    LimitedSlipStudios polycounter lvl 4
    @nevarezr

thats 90% of the posts these days. I wish they would just post to upwork or freelancer instead of clogging up our forum with their farcical requests. 
  • LimitedSlipStudios
    Offline / Send Message
    Done properly, with quality and professionally, this is easily 1.5-2 days of work.  Model, UV, approve, then texture.  After the first egg it's a day per texture. So it should be 400-500 for the first egg (and each unique model), and 200-300 for each new texture. $10? Fucking joker. 

but you are right, the art side of this industry has become the whipping boy of a never ending race...to the bottom.  Driven by people who have no idea of the training, skill and process that goes into the work we do. 
  • EricThomasStudios
    On top of the underpricing, vainpictures.com isn't a website that exists. That seems like a pretty big red flag to me.
  • LimitedSlipStudios
    Offline / Send Message

This guy is all over the place- deviant art (as Adam Zaka AND Vain Pictures), Behance, CG Architect, Instagram and more (often as Adam Divino or James Jaka).  He Always lowballs on price points.

One source says he is in Los Angeles, another Houston- my bet? He is in another country (When I look him & Vainpictures up through Big Data, it says there are 6 domains that are connected to this user).

My bet? Scammer.

Polycount family- avoid this guy- red flags everywhere.

Moderators- you may want to look into whether this account should be flagged (wouldn't be surprised if he has multiple accounts here)

• nevarezr
    Offline / Send Message
    nevarezr polycounter lvl 2
    @LimitedSlipStudios

Thanks for your post Kevin. It feels good that as artists we speak in consensus about these problems. Next thing I'll do is call General Motors and ask them to build me an electric car for less than 300 bucks Then I might be able to work for 10 dollars a day.
  • ken0y
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    Unfortunately, these types of job advertisements are becoming the norm here on Polycount. I think you are all doing the right thing by voicing your concerns. It's the only way things will (if indeed they will) change around here.

• Eric Chadwick
    Our policy is to not get involved in doxxing or other dubious internet-based evidence gathering. 

Is the OP advertising a terrible fee? Certainly is. Everything else in here is just speculation.

Best thing to do in situations like this? Simply ignore the poster.

Don't rely on sites to be gatekeepers. Be your own sharp cookie. More info about this on the wiki.
    http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Freelance

And also in our Career & Education section, worth a read!
    http://polycount.com/discussion/181999/game-industry-career-resources

May you all find fruitful work and that everlasting groove!