Home Technical Talk

Need help. Creating a lowpoly character in blender!!!!

MujtabaYousuf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
Helo guys!
I am planning to make a full game ready lowpoly character.  Though there are few things I can't understand.
1-) Do I have to model clothes and hair seperately?  Saw a few tuts on YouTube where people were texturing hairs and clothes directly on model.
2-) What should be my hair modeling workflow?
3-) Should I attach all parts together (means part of a Same mesh) and unwrap them or should I unwrap first then attach?
4-) What is your best workflow to make lowpoly characters? ??

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Looking at your history, I see a lot of questions, not a lot of answers. Maybe you've been going about this all wrong?

Make a character as well as you can, and post it in a thread of your own. Get feedback. If a problem stops you: try to solve it, then ask a question in your thread.
  • YannickStoot
    Offline / Send Message
    YannickStoot polycounter lvl 3
    You seem to have an idea of what you want to accomplish but I don't really see a fixed goal. This makes it hard to give advice. Hair can for instance be fixed in a number of ways. None of which are better than the other, they are just different approaches.

So I would have to join @Michael Knubben in this one. Start you own thread and just start modeling. Post lots of iterations, not just end-results. This way the other forum members can give advice mid-way in the project.

Further, get a good concept you want to model. So log onto a Artstation and get a model sheet or just a good drawing. This will give you a fixed goal you wish to achieve and others will have a reference to critique you by.

Last but not least. Decide what platform you are designing for. It makes a huge difference to which platform you are designing for. Mobile characters can go to about 5-7k I think but pc can go upwards of about 50k. (Don't pin me on the numbers, they might be way off)