Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: How to copy smart material or group to other mesh groups

woody
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
woody polycounter lvl 13
Hi,

New to Quixel and texturing a table I created which has 4 separate mesh groups. I have spent time perfecting the wood material and dirt build up on one of the mesh groups. Now I'm happy with the results I simply want to copy what I've done over to the other mesh groups.

Is this possible? I've tried grouping all the smart materials then hitting the 'save a smart material from the active layer or group' but have found no way to get this material(XML file) into ddo that's assuming this is the best way to do what I'm asking.

Many thanks in advance.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The workflow here:

Create the effect you're looking for and group by specific materials. If you created a dusty metal material, group that together. If you created an oily wood, group that together. Try to avoid grouping disparate materials into one Smart Material, if nothing but to avoid making your work harder.

Once you've grouped the materials together, assign a name to the group and create a Smart Material from the group folder. Assign the Smart Material to the other mesh groups you're working with.
  • woody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woody polycounter lvl 13
    Thanks for the response!

Yes that works, I realised I wasn't saving to the preset folder so it wasn't picking up the newly created smart materials.

Thanks again!