Home Career & Education

Saving money for future education

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ambelamba polycounter lvl 6
 I receive VA disability compensation for various reasons. And I am allowed to keep a marginal source of income from work. I can't get into the detail but surprisingly I can save up to $2200 a month. Living with my folks is a trade-off, though.

I decided NOT to pursue any training till around September of next year. Or maybe June 2018. I dunno. Things are really unpredictable with my family business and I might have to work pretty much full-time anytime soon. On the bright side, I can save a lot of money because I don't spend that much when I am working. :) All in cash. 

I am looking into online classes because I live somewhat far from LA and off-line Gnomon classes are impractical. And I need to lay low for a while to set my mind at ease. So I guess I am not making a bad decision not to pursue proper training for a while. 

So far the only viable sources of paid online training with some interactions with the instructors and classmates are at Gnomon and CGMA. But I guess they might be enough to keep me busy, if I can maintain the discipline to go with the program. My credit score is marginally OK so I can't use the payment plan. I need to save up as much as I should before starting any proper training. And the schedules, yes.

I am posting this because I am curious if anybody's in a similar situation. I am pretty sure some of you are postponing the education plan because of the budget and schedules.