Home Technical Talk

Modo > Maya

StormyBA
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
I've been on Modo for the last few years and am moving to a new roll next month where I'll be the only artist and moving back onto Maya (will be super sad to be leaving Modo :( ). I have used for a few years before jumping into Modo so I'm hoping the transition will not be too brutal. 

It looks like a fair amount has changed over the last few years, I think the last version I used would have been 2015 and was wondering if there are any great resources or brake downs of features around that will get me back into the swing of things quickly and get me modeling and UVing as quickly as possible.

What are the Top new Features for game artists that are real must not miss, i hear there are a bunch of new modelling tools for example! 

I'm also wanting to get into hard surface techniques, ive done a little in max in the past and a little in modo but it seems like a good time to do more then dip my toes in. Are there any good tools, resorces I should be checking out. 

And lastly what are the must have scripts that I should be checking out? I know there are plenty around but anything that will make life easier / faster is a winner.