Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP][UE4] Flooded abandoned corridor

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Anaxid triangle
Hey! I've been working on this scene for the past week and I'd gladly hear any advice you might have for me. It has definitely been a good learning experience, but now I really want to get it to be as good and photorealistic as possible. I've been playing with lighting and post-processing a lot, based on some feedback I got, but I'm not sure what is the right direction anymore. If you can't see it very well, there is figure staring at you from that dark room. I'm trying to balance my lighting so the overall scene is still pretty dark and intense, but at the same time easy to understand. I have been given mixed opinions on how bright the corridor needs to be - some people prefer more lighting, while some find it "spookier" with stronger contrast and pitch black surroundings. I'll provide a few images with varied amounts of GI, smoke, fog etc. Just to be clear, this is not a full game, but rather just an interactive scene I'm working on for practice, since I'm still relatively new at this.

Here's a bit better view on the bookcase. I'm aware about the repeating of that dirt in the corners. I might tweak in one day, but since it is supposed to hold some items, this shouldn't really be noticeable anyway.

And I'll show you the revolver, it was a full project by itself, but I figured I'd use it in this scene, because that's pretty much the first and only weapon I ever made. Texturing could surely have some more details, but I did it quickly that day and put it on pause. I might refine it one day, too.

Looking forward to any feedback you might have.

Replies

• macoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 13
    Good start i'd say for the props and the envi.
    Atm i don't understand where does the light come from ( or you have a light just below the revolver? Right?)
  • Anaxid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anaxid triangle
    macoll said:
    Good start i'd say for the props and the envi.
    Atm i don't understand where does the light come from ( or you have a light just below the revolver? Right?)
    Thanks. The light is supposed to come from the lightbulb below the water plane, right across the doorway, so it can't really be seen in these screenshots.

Honestly, I'm not sure what else to do with this scene, last few days I mainly was just going back and forth trying to tweak lighting and post-processing. I'd like to nail this one before adding anything new. I'm not sure what aspect would require the most additional refinement, but I'd bet it's the lighting. I'm just not sure how could I make it even better.