Home Career & Education

3D Job/Studies opportunity in Germany?

null
Offline / Send Message
HaxLee null
Guten Tag, jedermann; Good day, everyone!
This is my first post here at Polycount
Let me introduce myself a little here, I'm a 20 years old multimedia student currently Malaysia, and I've been self-thought throughout my journey in 3D asset production so far, and I too have been learning Deutsche by myself for some time now, I'm just interested in learning it for my fourth language, as well as leaning other cultures.

I'm kinda curious what are the status of 3D fields over at Germany? In both education and job wise.
I'd like to understand more and hopefully get some advises, suggestion  or recommendation, 
just about anything that helps

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    First of all i would suggest to go into non private education. private schools are pretty expensive and from my experience going through applications, the applicants don't have an edge over public schools.

There are various courses on various universities or colleges. Usually they are called something with game design, normally its one year of a broader education in games, later studengs can specialize. be it art, or code or design or producing etc.

Now the industry, despite being one of the biggest markets for games worldwide, the industry is pretty insignificant on a global scale. There are quite a few studios, the better running ones are mobile or browser based developments. There is barely any notable AAA productions here, but a lot of what could be called AA i guess? Most of the bigger brands here are pretty much only domestic, not internationally successful.
    So if your goal is to work on international big AAA brands, it might be tough doing it from here. Obviously outsourcing/freelancing is an option, but it is an option anywhere in the world.
  • HaxLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HaxLee null
    Thanks for the info. By the understanding of it, seems that it's also kind of similar with my country here; with small amount of developers and more studios work on outsourced projects.