Home Unreal Engine

Unreal Engine - World Construction

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello there - i am new to this forum but was recommended by a friend.

I am currently at the earliest stage in terms of my Game Developing have written down some solid ideas, but can't do anything until i construct a world - i've drawn said world as a draft just need to learn how to transfer that into unreal engine and then i can add content after.

Don't know if this is the right place to post but seemed like the best place, would appreciate any tips or guidance. 

Thank you.

If in wrong place feel free to move to correct one.

Replies

• CadeyNation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you for your reply - this tutorial will help me a lot.

Here is the shape of my world on paper- need to transfer that into Unreal Engine but i am only one man and is hard to find people to assist in that side of things, it's a rough drawing but the world could be huge if done right. It looks like a bears head from the side which was not the intention. Don't know if it would be worth drawing 5 more proper shapes and choose. 

• Menchen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Menchen polycounter lvl 3
    Hey man, I think I can help you with getting a whole videogame world from just an unwritten idea in your mind and some random scribbles in a piece of paper.

In fact, I've found this tutorial that resumes in a very brief manner the steps required, it features an owl as an example but it could be perfectly possible with a videogame in its entirety.
  • Vollgaser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vollgaser polycounter lvl 7
    Here i got  a sketch on paper from a customer (see top left corner) done in unreal within an hour as a prototype geometry to test out the battle arena he wanted:

• Bletzkarn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bletzkarn polycounter lvl 6
    You can create a black and white heightmap of your world, and import it as a terrain map, your world will be instantly created (the topology at least). Then you will create a landscape material, and then model or import some foliage to spread around your world.

Although this project is probably a little ambitious for a new developer. It would be better to build your way up by creating smaller games based on your idea.