Omni / Fog / texture in Marmoset Viewer

Alecc
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Alecc polycounter lvl 5
Hey all,

I 've a new couple of questions about Marmoset Viewer : 

- The "Fog" option can be exported ?
- I've 9 omni lights, with no "Cast Shadow ", but when I export on Artstation, some omni light are not work. Why ? Are we limitated for Omni light ? 
- If I have 4k texture, it's better to let  Marmoset arrange it, or it's better to change texture's resolution in Photoshop ? I need to have better resolution.

Thanks a lot =)

Replies

• CrowXD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrowXD polycounter lvl 4
    Yea I think during the export everything thing gets compressed you usually get a prompt on what marmoset can support in your exported viewer. In terms of compressing it, I would leave to marmoset it does a good job IMO.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently fog and omni lights are not supported, when you go to export you will see a warning for unsupported features. It is possible that we may be able to support these in the future. For the full list of supported features you can check our support page: https://www.marmoset.co/support/?page=viewer

The textures are resized and compressed depending on your quality settings.

Here are what the following settings mean:
    Unreasonable - 4k texture max, best quality compression
    High - 2k texture max, medium quality compression
    Low - 1k texture max, lowest quality compression

Lossless Normals - this uses PNGs with lossless compression instead of JPEGs for the normal map. This can result in much better quality nornmals, but makes the file size much bigger. You can try going with 2K textures and lossless normals, this can sometimes look better than 4K with lossy normals, as normal map detail is very sensitive to compression.

Another thing you can do is selectively resize some of your textures in Photoshop before you export. For instance let's say you want a 4K normal map but your diffuse map is very simple and holds up at 1K. Maybe your spec and gloss (these are packed into one map, spec in RGB and gloss in alpha, so you need to use the same resolution for both) can be resized to 2K and still look good.
  • Alecc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alecc polycounter lvl 5
    Very interresting informations, and tricks !
    Thanks very much !