Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: DDO - 1 min load time for Material Library

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Charge polycounter lvl 3
Hi,
All is like the title says - Material Library takes 1 to 2 min for loading.
My PC is Win 7 x64, i5 2500, 8gb rab (dual speed), GTX 1060 (edit: not the ti) 6 GB.

As I have got from post of 2014 year old, this is not a normal situation.
What I did - reformat, fresh installed CC and Photoshop CC 2017.
But unlike that guy, it did not work out for me.

Please help, this is happening just few days from activation of DDO.
Also, I'm running Wi-Fi connection to the internet, not wired.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Change your Windows color management profile to default if it's currently set to another profile. :)
  • Charge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Charge polycounter lvl 3
    Change your Windows color management profile to default if it's currently set to another profile. :)
    WoW, thats the idea!
    Thank You, looks like it got definitely faster, like down to 30 sec.
    Could You have any other ideas, please, to bring it to the level of other users  like "3-5 sec"?

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    A clean install probably wouldn't hurt - try using Suite 2.3.1 in a new folder instead of the default Suite 2.0 directory, and launch from that folder.
  • Charge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Charge polycounter lvl 3
    Okay, did this.
    Also:
    • Gave to the main drive C: 65 Gb additional space.
    • Installed Photoshop CS 6
    • Disabled "Enable fast processing" checkbox.

• Ordered wire type 5e cable, to have wired connection to the internet instead of Wi-Fi. This must stabilize any package loss.

At opening Smart Materials library, each Material is loaded individually. Time to load is like 0.5 sec per material.

To quote Synaesthesia , maybe this could help someone:
    "it sounds like there's some kind of underlying trouble that might be resolved by simply uninstalling and then reinstalling to a new directory to clean out any potential registry issues that might be causing conflicts. If that doesn't help, running PS as admin once, closing it, and then running the Suite afterward may clear it up for you as well."

I'm open for suggestions, whatever crazy ideas, and also whatever smart ideas, and also basic ideas, and also anything other whatever ideas :).

Quixel Suite 2.3 DDO is a cool tool, I'm glad that got it and see no other alternatives for me personally.
    Just, if it can be faster, why not to make it faster - because my PC is having some rare bug and run DDO strangely.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Did you see any improvements at all? If nothing else, a video card driver update could always help here too.

Regarding speed: It's definitely going to be faster. You'll see sometime soon. :)
  • Charge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Charge polycounter lvl 3
    I saw so much improvements, that last evening I was focused on creating my unique material :)
    Just thanks! :)