Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sketches and Portfolio work

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
clyke polycounter lvl 7
Hey Everyone. First time posting my work on here. Decided it's high time I started.  My name is Calvin Clyke and I'm a freelance illustrator living in Canada. 

I created a sort of homage to A10 Warthogs Jets. Just playing around with this in an attempt to swing back into my career. Let me know wht you think.

...and here are some sketches of vehicles I'm working on painting.

Here I followed Jaysen Batchelor's Tutorial for practice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS2e8NGIMdk&index=320&list=WL

and work in progress of a fridge prop.

I post a lot more on my instagram page if you're interested. Been lurking for a while so it's good to be back. 

Replies

• clyke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clyke polycounter lvl 7
    Another painting practice
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    I'm enjoying your style! nice work on the plane design.
  • Roxxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roxxor polycounter lvl 9
    Great style.  I like your color choices as well.  Who are your influences?  I'm trying to get back into 2D art as well.
  • clyke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clyke polycounter lvl 7
    Hey interwebs! I'm working on a bunch of castles and game assets. Here is a sketch I did testing out rendering and colors I want to use. Totally forgot about my thread here....again lol.  

Roxxor said:
    Great style.  I like your color choices as well.  Who are your influences?  I'm trying to get back into 2D art as well.
    I have toooo many to list. I'm really into Osamu Tezuka, Akira Toriyama and recently Max Grecke work. Thanks for the feedback guys.
  • clyke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clyke polycounter lvl 7
    Updating here. 
    I used and jumped from Blender and Pshop painting, tweaking and noodling. I learned a lot and maybe figured out a workflow that could lead me to have faster renders times with better quality on my old iMac.  The model scene itself has assets that are super lowrez but now after realizing how important BAKING is....I got some cakes to create.