Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel 3DO locking up on model load

SWCNT
null
Offline / Send Message
SWCNT null
Hi,
I used to use Quixel 2 and 2.1 then left for awhile and starting using 2.3 now. My first experience has been rather bad. All I'm trying to do is load a simple helmet.obj and get it to view in 3DO. I don't even care about the ID map at the moment, I just want the thing to render. When I load the obj or fbx (using the same settings in the quixel tutorial) the baking for the curvature map freezes at 50% and the 3DO screen launches. Then it just sits there forever, if I close out of the 3DO window the creation process continues and completes but I can never view the model. I've tested this on both Win7 running CS6 and win10 running CC2017.1.1 same result. No errors, 3DO just won't render anything. Then I when back to some old projects I had saved from 2.1 and some opened, some didn't, some rendered, and those that did render wouldn't accept new materials. I've tried reinstalling 2.3 as well. When I attempt a rollback a blank folder just pops up, and doesn't rollback anything. What am I doing wrong here? Quixel 2.3 seems like a bug nightmare or I'm doing something really wrong. fbx file download here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=12650799675363365764

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Sorry about missing this thread! If you're running a laptop and your GPU isn't set as the primary display device, 3DO will be unable to develop any bakes required for the project. This could also happen if your GPU drivers are out of date. Be sure you're using the latest available!

If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. Close Photoshop and the Suite.
    2. Right click on Photoshop, choose Run As Administrator. This only needs to be done once, and does not need to be set to permanent administrator access.
    3. Close Photoshop.
    4. Run the Suite. If the issue persists, continue:
    5. Close Photoshop and the Suite.
    6. Right click on the Suite, choose Run As Administrator. This only needs to be done once, and does not need to be set to permanent administrator access.