Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modular Philadelphia

allengingrich
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
allengingrich polycounter lvl 2
I've been trying to hone my modular skills a bit, so wanted to make a completely modular environment of a Philadelphia neighborhood.

I've made the basic parts for a modular building so far. Keeping it super modular so I can reuse pieces and dress them up with ledges, shutters, etc, as opposed to baking those things into the modular pieces.

Everything is built on either 2x3 or 1x3 meter grids.

Replies

• allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Starting to firm up textures and architectural elements. Replacing "blocky" blockout meshes. Created master materials with the ability to adjust albedo colors within a material instance, so I can match hues better between meshes.

• allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally settled on colors of things. Created new upper level window borders to match the base and replacing the block mesh foundation. Will look to complete door and top level for next post.

• allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wanted to start framing this whole scene a bit and seeing how different window dressing and such looked next to each other. Also built out some sidewalks in Maya/Substance Painter with some textures sourced from Megascans. Going to keep them mostly clean and dirty them up with decals.

• allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slowly but surely getting there. Made a door (with the ability to change colors in-engine for variation), new windows with hand and dirt smudges and better refraction, new smaller, textured steps, and a few other things. Finally going to start set-dressing this a bit with props. Holding off on the top of the building for now --  I don't think it will be used much in my scene.

• allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Going to start duplicating modular parts to build an actual block, and start adding alternate brick colors, window dressing, etc. Before I do that, posting what I have so far. Pushed the window masks, added some damage decals, created some curtains.