Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio critique

dlz
dlz
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
dlz polycounter lvl 4
Hi!
I am posting here in hopes of some critique and advice of what direction i should take to get a job, at the moment i'm in between model, texture, and technical things like scripts or procedural shaders.
Portfolio: http://cargocollective.com/DavidLazaro/

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Regarding your Plasma/Bolter combo, I'm having trouble seeing how a round from the mag in the back gets into the barrel of the bolter, because there doesn't seem to be enough space for the bolt to go through.

The rendering looks reasonably solid.  I'd argue to make the metal components more shiny and metallic to really differentiate the materials on the rifle.

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Hey there ,

I have few suggestions for your portfolio: 
    -make website background darker then your images so they can pop 
    -make images bigger 

About your question only you can answer that - just ask yourself what you love to do , what you want to do next 5-10 years 
    Most people do modeling and texturing so technical stuff and tool creation is better option for me probably better paid too 
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    Brian "Panda" Choi I think i understand what you said but in the reference i think is like i made.
    I tried to replicate that. 
    in the other hand i will remake the shaders and make the metal more shiny when i learn the new arnold 5 cause that was made with arnold 4 and alshaders plugin.
    By the way thanks for the reply! 

• dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    carvuliero I'll tweak the things you said, tanks for the advices