HEX Entertainment, creator of the digital trading card game HEX: Shards of Fate, is looking for an amazing Technical Artist to join the team here in Lake Forest, CA. Technical Artists act as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game. They ensure art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits of the chosen platforms.
- Developing and maintaining tools for art, design, and audio pipelines
- Creating workflows for implementing art/audio assets in game
- Creating shaders, effects, and Unity scene elements
- Optimizing graphics for mobile and console platforms
KEY KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Able to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting, rendering, and texturing.
- At least two years experience with Unity3D including prefabs, shaders, and effects.
- Photoshop and Maya or 3ds Max proficiency
- Strong C# skills.
- Experience working with nGUI desirable.
- Must be able to work well within a cross disciplinary team.
- Able to work work with minimum supervision.
- Have good communication and people management skills, in order to train and mentor others.
- Be able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
This position interacts extensively with both the Art and Engineering teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two or more years experience professional experience building games.
- Two or more years experience with Unity3D.
Please send your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to Jobs@hextcg.com.