Home Technical Talk

Sluggish performance in Maya 2018 LT Quad Draw

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18

I've just upgraded (or downgraded as the case may be) from Maya 2016 to LT2018. In the Quad Draw tool I'm getting a noticeable delay when drawing polygons in the time between when the mouse is clicked and when a new quad appears. It's not unworkable, but it significantly slows down the process. By comparison, in 2016, I could hold down the mouse button, drag and quickly draw out an entire row of polygons. 

Maya runs with no issues outside of the Quad Draw tool. I tried switching between DirectX and OpenGL viewport renderers with no noticable improvement.

I'm using a powerful machine that should have no issues coping with Maya. I am running an AMD graphics card (Radeon R9 390) though. The drivers are up to date drivers, but I'm suspecting this might be the sticking point seeing AMD seems to have compatibility issues with everything ever. I haven't seen any mention online about problems there though - has anyone else running a similar card had any similar concerns?

Any ideas? I've searched around and hassled Autodesk's forums but haven't come with anything that looks like a solution.

Replies