Home Adobe Substance

Is there any way to change normal blend type during the projection?

kurt_hectic
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
kurt_hectic polycounter lvl 10
Hello,

I use the projection tool with normal map loaded. I need to make a couple strokes before I'll get what I need...the problem is that I realised that normal map is set to "overlay" or something like "blend height" and I'm no able to change it! Of course I would expect "normal/replace" type of blending. (it's regardless to the layer setup)

tl;dr I'd like to get what's in the circle, but I get what's around; with each stroke I add more and more. Is it hard coded and I'm not able to change it?
I'm very, very disappointed. Lack of design and functionalities in this soft is tremendous.

Replies

• Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The blending mode used between strokes cannot be modified at this point. If you want to "replace" the normal details, you'll need to create another layer and change its blending mode to normal or replace
  • kurt_hectic
    Offline / Send Message
    kurt_hectic polycounter lvl 10
    Thank you very much for the answer.
    And at the same time...don't you think that creating a layer for almost each stroke is ridiculous? I think that by allowing user to decide you would solve such problems.

For me, for now painter is almost not usable. After 3 days of testing I cannot recommend it for the production.
    If you want please PM and I'll deliver you a list of issues I had.