Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Inflight-VR Cabin Environment

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
Hi everyone, finally got to show the work I have been doing for Inflight-VR / Airbus Bizlabs. Since we are a small team and I am the only artist / designer my tasks usually are to come up with concept art / design and take them all the way to finished environments running in gearvr and Oculus rift before handing over to programmers for UI integration. This Cabin environment is using 2x lightmaps, 1x diffuse texture, 1x skybox texture (tileable) and 4x mobile materials. There are two more versions one using pre-baked lighting using Flation 3ds max plugin and Mental ray, second version uses PBR workflow for Oculus rift.
This version is running on Samsung S6 GearVR. It really is challenging to make things run smoothly on mobile devices at desired frames per second. Things I would like to add would be reflections and specular highlights on gearvr (though I doubt it ll happen even on S8).

(VR 360 link below) 
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xbvAE   

Work in progress stuff, screenshot below is from business class cabin. 

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Can you provide any information regarding budgets? I mean, do you have poly count budget or any other things to take into consideration apart from scale?
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
    @Larry around 30~60k tris can go upto 100k depending on complexity of environment. Main thing to consider as mentioned above is to keep textures, advance shader effects, material count as minimum as possible, no real time lighting! baked lighting possible if total lightmap count is low also 2 to 3 max though this one depends highly on the quality required and environment scale.