Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Makeshift Pistol

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ftsmith polycounter lvl 6
Hello, everyone

Just a personal project Iv'e been working on in the last couple of days. I found the concept on Pintrest and thought it would be a good learning experience to recreate it in 3D. I finished majority of the modeling for the low res model except for a couple details (like clean up and adding edge loops), but I wanted to get some feedback before I moved on to the high res and UVing process. So if there's anything I can improve on please let me know as any input is always appreciated.

Also here is the link for the concept artist artstation if you want to see more from him: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Jed2A

Replies

• ftsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    An update after a long time since the last post. I finished the majority of texturing. I just have to go back and add in some fine details. I think it looks decent and it's pretty close to the reference, but I feel like there's something I'm missing to make it look more realistic/natural. Hopefully that problem is solved when I go in and add in the fine details.

If there's any advice, critiques, or criticisms you guys can give me it will be greatly appreciated. Also some feedback on the presentation if you can, as I usually have trouble with that part.

• ftsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added some small details like some dirt build up and welding. I also cleaned up the mesh a little. I'm probably gonna call it done unless theres some stuff I can do to improve it greatly. I think it came out pretty well and it was a good learning experience to learn some of Substance Painter's new tools. Like always C&C is more than welcomed.