Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

creature study

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Hito interpolator
chipping at a creature study between gigs with tiger rig from cgspectrum. realistic is the goal. c&c welcomed

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/154052#222908

Replies

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    Hey, so I posted some small feedback on there, it looks good so far. For the movement, the front looks really good, but the back legs look robotic. No real difference in movement and it looks like it just goes up and down with no weight shifting on it. Also, whenever the paws lift up, it looks like you just rotated them cause they move backwards a little. It looks like it's just an issue with the rig, but I think in order to correct it, you could set a locator on the tip of the paw to keep your positioning on it.

It looks good though, the animation itself looks complicated.
  • tiagosol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tiagosol polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Hito,
    Is looking really cool! I agree with HeXify about the weight and the rolling feet! one seems like is floating. Maybe more bounce on the landing steps will help to improve that. and second  maybe more subtle bend on the toes could help.
    Those details fix and will look badass!

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    thanks guys! The feet is a bit of trial and error given the way the rig is built. I usually clip into the ground to give the impression flesh compressing on push offs, and that the ground isn't perfectly hard, that said, the toe does slip and clip on some steps more than others. Part of the challenge of animating walk through space too, each step is unique in minute ways. I got some ideas for extending it a bit, been staring at my dog's ass whenever we go on a walk. will update when I get some hours on it.
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    https://syncsketch.com/sketch/154052#233817

Minor update, more of a reminder to myself really. Got a few good hours on it, plus some time looking for more ref. Walk's improved I think, took good deal of graph nudging. feet will need more polishing passes. Also blocked out some more action, cuz pooping never gets old.