Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Vicky Seauta

vickyseauta
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
vickyseauta polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone! 
I am posting first time here. This is an awesome place to learn and improve. 

Let me introduce myself first. I am a CG artist professionally working on photo-realistic product design and rendering and creating different artworks for my company. This professional work kind of sucks seriously. So, I have decided to pursue my passion of creating art that I love. 

I am currently writing a script for my animated series project. This is probably going to be a solo project for now, but I am trying to find people who can work with me on it. Each episode on this series is going to be less that 5 minutes or somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes, and I want to create it entirely in Unreal Engine. I hope to complete developing all the assets, characters and animations by the end of March 2018. As, I'll have to do all the work and I am also working as a full time employee, this is going to be challenging.

So, this sketchbook is dedicated to my work on this. At this stage, I am not very proficient in creating great assets. I kinda struggle with texturing. With this sketchbook, I want to get feedback and critics from other community artists. I am open for learning and improving. So, I hope you guys will help me learn great deal of things.

Cheers..!! 

PS: I'll reveal the plot once I complete my first artwork. 

Replies

• vickyseauta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So first post. Please provide feedback on this work. This is what so far I am capable of making game assets
    PS: This is not related to the animated series at all. This is one piece I did as a practice, and want to show this is so far my skill level is. I want to improve it.

model
    Please review this and let me know what can be improved and where I have messed things up? :smiley:
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    nice first post. those imperfections don't look real to me, (the rust). if you did this in substance you might try checking the scale of that particular part of your texture. because right now those rust spots aren't reading so well to me.
  • vickyseauta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice first post. those imperfections don't look real to me, (the rust). if you did this in substance you might try checking the scale of that particular part of your texture. because right now those rust spots aren't reading so well to me.
    Thanks a lot pmiller001 for giving me the feedback. Yes I did it in substance. I'll keep the scaling issue in mind.. ! :smile:

• vickyseauta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Everyone
    Recently. got chance to work on this asset. The goal was to design a merchant car that is somewhat different from what's already there. 
    I used 3D Max, Substance Painter and Marmoset for this project.
    Please visit https://www.artstation.com/artwork/bRlkr for full project.
    I would like to know your thoughts on it. Where I can improve and make it better.
    Cheers! :)