Home Technical Talk

POM goes black on switch to Deferred Decal...

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
I created my first POM and works well when i have the Material Domain set up as Surface.  When I switch it to Deferred Decal, the preview goes black and the error "SM5 Material using the DeferredDecal domain needs to use the BlendModel Translucent."  I make that switch and nothing.  I do have an opacity mask within the material set up, if I detach it, I have a white preview mesh.  I've tried a couple of the fixes in UE4's Answer Hub with no improvement.  I don't know how to go about fixing this at the moment.

Replies

• Menchen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Menchen polycounter lvl 3
    The only way to make it work would be to change how decal material domain works within ue4s code. No easy fix. Some people said they managed to make it work, I didn't. 

Such a shame tho, because decals with pom would look awesome 
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
    Good to know.  There's a sold on the Unreal Store sells them and just thought that a POM decal was such a thing.  I read through the comments for the first time today realizing that this set is mislabeled and should be corrected.  I can either use a mesh plane and follow the route of this user, or create decal MATs as they should be created.