polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Casey28 polycounter lvl 2

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Casey28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess wasting my time is bad wording, I'm just worried that the position isn't legit. I've got a pretty tight deadline by when I need to have work(As I am being laid off in Dec) and having completed the art test for this position, it turning out to not be legit could be construed as a waste of time. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Casey28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advice. I'll continue on with being cautious then. 
  • garcellano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    I remember meeting an artist from there. Yeah, he mentioned it was a project-to-project basis. I don't really know anything else from them, aside from what's already online.
  • Casey28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the information. I hope it's something that can work out. Appreciate the help.
  • peskygiraffe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Here is another listing:https://80.lv/articles/jobs-substance-designer-artists-needed/

I happened to see this Job Listing Seattle Washington, so I applied for the job. I also completed an art test that was sent by Bil Brown (CEO of the company). LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bilbrown/

Since I applied for the job, I wanted to do more research about the place. I thought since it was in Seattle I would want to know the address of the place to know the commute distance, time, expenses. 

The issue is I actually cannot find the address of the place; no addresses on twitter, facebook, google maps, or their own website. The business also has multiple names which is confusing: 969, ninesixtynine creative agency, ninesixtynine creative arts, NINESIXTYNINE LIMITED, SeattleStyleLab. I am starting to question the legitimacy of this posting/business.

Where it does not hurt to apply for this job, it is concerning that these websites post these jobs and do not know if they are legitimate. Moral of the story here is to do as much research as possible.

• ozaffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ozaffer polycounter lvl 13
    Yea I’m not so sure about this one, did an “art test” for them then was asked to perfect the subition as a finalist. Then submit the model and renderings a specific way. To suddenly be snubbed, a very simple furnature model so good quality was fairly easy, no thank you no update on consideration or status, just nothing. Out of the blue today (about a year later) I recived an email from the same guy “bil brown” apparently the ceo about an opening and another art test. Not bloody likely.
  • TylerMakesStuff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TylerMakesStuff polycounter lvl 4
    I worked with 969... they are a terrible company and they offer no benefits of any kind... you get paid on a 1099 basis (you pay all your own taxes and medical) contract can end at any time with no warning. The job is for a studio that has no idea what they are doing and do not listen to people with experience in the field.... unless you are about to be thrown on the streets DO NOT WORK WITH THEM! I was one of the only people to finish out my contract, most my other coworkers were let go a month before their contract ended or way before then due to (lack of production) or management just not liking them for any reason whatsoever.. several people actually got let go for trying to improve the development process and help the team...