Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character in need of critique please :)

EVF
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EVF polycounter lvl 3
So, working on my character design.
Jellyfish warrior.
I would love to hear some critiques on this one, it feel childish to me as of now.
Just started rendering and thinking the design might not be worth the time.
Pose comes from a picture that I don't have anymore.
Thank you kindly for any help :)

Replies

• Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I'd been meaning to say this days ago and forgot.

I like the character design a lot, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.  She's got some wonky proportions and such, her face/neck, left arm/hand, etc.  It is a complex subject though.

I notice you seem to start a lot of different pieces, how long do you usually stick with one before calling it done (or just moving on to the next)?
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    @Two Listen I usually like to have more than one thing going at once, to take a step back on one while working on another, and get a clearer vision when coming back. I also get impatient with myself at times.
    Proportion is smthg I know I must work on, since even when working from a pic I make mistakes.
    Again, thanks for the feedback :)
  • ifuxedup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ifuxedup polycounter lvl 3
    think proportionately.

The light source seems to be left for ground. The spear/halberd  is mid ground(at the moment it's hurting perspective). Try to angle that spear into the for ground more, pointing towards the light source. From what I see, the halberd/spear is flat and mid ground.

That's the end of my critique, The spear needs to be parallel with her right knee facing the same direction. 

get that perspective down. think. 

the clothing is very stiff. clothing in the wind is insane and uncontrollable (assuming atmosphere) . those strands should not be parallel beside each other. you could push it more to look unpredictable.

it's strange to me how her torso dress is not effected by the wind but her head towel is lol.

• EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    @ifuxedup I see! thanks, a bit of the same critique that you gave me with swirl mustache, everything is on the same plane.
    As far as proportions, I see now that her elbows do not line up with her navel, T-Rex arms? XD
    Thanks for your time dude :)
  • ifuxedup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ifuxedup polycounter lvl 3
    @EVF That is what forums are for! no problemo