Home Technical Talk

Help! Maya chunky border out of no where. (solved)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
NicoleC polycounter lvl 7
So i just fixed one problem for another to pop up.  I haven't seen this before, i went to uv map one of my objects when all of my wire frame just went super chunky. Whats odd is it also affected my UV editor.  But when i close maya and reopen it goes away, until i uv map then it comes back and wont go away.  Any help would really be appreciated 

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Even the view axis widget is inflated, fun. Looks like a video card or driver issue to me, I'd reboot first and see how things look first. I recall seeing something about a bug when the UV editor is on a something other than the primary monitor. If the issue comes back, try checking temperatures with HWMonitor or a similar program or install a newer driver for the video card.

Side note on your geo: You could save some polys by collapsing edges leading from the arch and direct them to the corner verts of the front wall instead of wrapping the whole series around.
  • NicoleC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do map on my second monitor.  Iv been playing around with it, it only happens when I apply a new uv map.  I can move uvs all day long and its fine.  But when i go and map a face it blows up like that and wont go away till i close the program and re open.
    So i'll go and check my drivers and try the HWMonitor program you suggested.  I'll update as I go to see if this solves the problem.

And thanks for the geometry info.  I get going so fast sometimes I don't think about fixing these things.

• NicoleC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updating drivers didn't help
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try deleting your maya prefs? I'm not sure what else to suggest.

I'd suggest going to AD support for this if that doesn't work. Also, can you cut/sew uv seams normally?
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    At first sight this looks like he activated UV Borders in the uv editor, wish can sometimes have a very weird behavior. Have you tried to deactivate that for now ?

I think it's toggle UV Border or UV Texture Border. You should be able to find it with the UV Editor marking menus or in the dropdown menus.
  • NicoleC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok so resting my preference fixed it! for now anyway  Thank you everyone for you input!  I couldn't have done it with out you.

Window>Settings/preferences>Preferences.

Then in the top bar, select Edit>Restore Default Settings.