Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Artstation Challenge] Beyond Human | Khoa Viet, The Allure | Real Time Character

ruebenDodds
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
ruebenDodds polycounter lvl 11
Currently I entered into the Artstation Challenge on their website and thought I should make a thread for it in order to see the development of the piece overall. I have never done a challenge before so the goals that I have for this piece is to complete it even if I cannot finish it with the deadline of the challenge due to inexperienced in real time character creation for games. This will definitely be a big learning curve for me, but hope to get a good result and add it to portfolio in the end. The concept art that I'll be using is by artist called "Khoa Viet" you can find some of his work here and his/her submission thread here.

I hope to be able to capture the attractiveness and fiery in the concept art in my model and to do the concept justice!

I'll post my updates and artwork here as well as on my submission thread. I would love to hear if you have any feedback or tips on how I can make this piece better and make the concept justice.

Replies

• ruebenDodds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So that started by doing the rough sketch over the concept of shapes that would be need for the general forms of the character in order to build it up in low subdivision and later on working on the finer details. Below is the image rough shapes sketch over and rough idea of silhouette of the concept in front view:

Next rough sketch is the idea of what I think the back would look like for the character, but the overall proportions and forms could change during the sculpting stage of the character. Below is the image of that:

• ruebenDodds
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently blocking out the basemesh in low subd but still need to add the fingers to the hands before merge it together dynamesh and working it up. Not sure if I'm getting the proportions correct for the blocking stage, but still early stages to make any changes to that for myself. Also still thinking how to work on getting the planar shape down first before building it up, which big learning curve.