Home Technical Talk

Now Available: MOP Tubes Kit for MODO 11

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
WilliamVaughan greentooth

The Pushing Points MOP Tubes Kit is a MODO Kit that introduces a non-destructive workflow that speeds up the process of creating procedural tube geometry.

http://pushingpoints.com/v2/the-pushing-points-mop-tubes-kit/

Replies

• WilliamVaughan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Hand just released this tip for using this kit with MOP Booleans: 
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    I have a couple of questions before buying:

1)can you use polylines with this kit?
    2)Can you use a single profile for multiple curves?
  • WilliamVaughan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik said:
    I have a couple of questions before buying:

1)can you use polylines with this kit?
    2)Can you use a single profile for multiple curves?
    1) Once the MOP Tubes assembly is created you can use Polylines instead of curves .

2) Yes. You can simply copy and paset the same profile for multipel MOP Tubes. You coudl also have a single profile and use merge meshes on as many curves as youd like.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Hey William, I've been using htis for about a month now, and I have a few questions. 
    1.I cant seem to merge my curves together, so that I have one profile acting on multple curves. 
     what I do is, Create my Mop tube, then create a new mesh item with a curve in it, then select my mop curve, then select my new curve and Merge items. Nothing happens, and the old curve is still the one being used. Not sure what i'm doing wrong here. I couldnt find any documentation on it
    2. I thought the MOP Curve function was supposed to replace my existing MOP with the selected curve. Not sure whats happening there. (edit, i guess i didnt have my cursor in the right spot, but i got it to work. Still having trouble adding curves to  my current curve though. I'd rally like to be able to do that. 

Love this kit btw. 
  • WilliamVaughan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you want one profile for multiple curves you need multiple assemblies. You could then copy the profile from one and use it on the others.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Ok, thanks William