Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Torbjörn - Overwatch critique

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
yararstss polycounter lvl 6
Hello, guys. This is the first time that I have the courage to show my process and ask for critiques on a forum . I'm doing a 3D fanart of Torbjorn from Overwatch to learn more about the PBR pipeline inside Substance Painter, rendering using Marmoset and hardsurface modelling. I decided to show since the greybox to share and learn, so all the critiques and feedbacks will be helpfull. Now I understand that sharing the process with "pauses" doesn't make me tired. So I finished the greybox and this is the WIP material that I have at the moment. The next step will be adding detail. So, guys, let me know what you think, if you have any advice or friendly alert will be very welcome.

All the hardsurface stuff was made in Blender, including the backpack and arm.

Replies

• aclund3
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good so far, keep at it!  I'd maybe make his belly hang out over his belt a bit... not sure the belt could stay where it is now without suspenders :)

Image result for short fat guys standing
  • yararstss
    Offline / Send Message
    I considered that his belly is not free, as in the original concept and in the model his "shirt" is something of metal. Like this:  
    But I'll do the belly hang out over his belt a bit, just to not make the impression of the smooth surface. Thank you :)
  • aclund3
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    Fair point that you're following the concept, but to me, even the concept work looks a little odd to me there. Just my .02.
  • yararstss
    Offline / Send Message
    Now I have some updates. I finished the sculpture, and at the beginning I also migrated to ZBrush 4R8 which is very good for hardsurface. Boolean is definitely one of the best things they have implemented in this new version. I decided to follow the in-game version of Torb. I hope you can still criticize what you feel is necessary. The next step is retopology, the more fun step. :)