Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Zbrush/First Human face

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Lilium triangle
Hey Guys!
Super happy to try for the first time Zbrush! I followed a tutorial by Ryan Kingslein "First Zbrush Lesson" and I had to make a face. I never took an anatomy class, so I know this isn't the best ( I had a lot of trouble with the lips, I can't do them correctly) but I had fun and I feel like I know Z brush a bit better now!

So I know there's a lot to improve !! Would you guys be kind enough to tell me what I did good/totally wrong ? And if you have any idea how I can correct my mistakes, that would be wonderful.

Thanks! 

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Instead of trying to make the best face, it may be best if you tried to recreate the Asaro Planar head and learn the planes of the face as you do it. Right now, even at this polygonal density, there's key bony landmarks you haven't hit like the zygomatic arch, etc. you don't need to focus on making a realistic face right now, but you should focus on foundational forms like planes of the face. 

Tip rip about the lips, you can isolate the top and bottom of you mask the other lip so you brush doesn't bother the areas you don't want it to. 
  • Lilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium triangle
    Thanks a lot for the info, I didn't know about Asaro Planar, but yeah it looks really useful to learn more about anatomy since it simplifies a lot the whole head! And I could apply the same technique with other body parts too, really useful !

I'll try it again soon!