Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

1970's Stratocaster

Zik24
null
Offline / Send Message
Zik24 null
Had a class couple of months ago, decided to model out this guitar. I was quite eager to model this, and the class gave me an excuse. I had a lot of fun and would definitely, in a bit, come back to it.

Replies

• Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work!

I have to say I think your good model and base texture have been let down by the damage applied to it. It looks rather sloppy and unnatural. The wear & tear you see in the reference tells a story, but the wear on the model looks a little all over the place. Why would little nicks be evenly distributed across the guitar, including the metal pieces? Why is the paint worn off in such a faded and uniform way instead of the extreme yet isolated chipping/wear we see in the reference?

Remember to be thoughtful when adding details like this. Keep it up!
  • HolBol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HolBol vertex
    In the reference, you can see where and how the wood has warn from use and it's got some direction to it. Yours looks like it's been sprinkled with dust or sand instead of the wood varnish coming off. If you get the values on the wear correct this could look great. Currently the dirt is bringing down the mesh.