Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Game Assets) Weapons Dump

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
MasterBeard polycounter lvl 7
Hello Guys. Its been a while since ive posted anything on polycount.
So i decided to share my latest works mixed with some of relatively older ones.

More renders here
Thanks for your attention :)

Replies

• Lt_Commander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    Clean geo, clean bakes, great material definition, nice renders! Everything looks top notch, not that you really need anyone to tell you that!  ;)
  • MasterBeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander, Thanks a lot mate. Any critics and suggestions are always welcome :)
  • Thanez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanez interpolator
    Hi, All of these look very consistent in style and fidelity. I would up the quality on the marmoset viewer exports as they look very mippy right now so they don't do your work justice. All in all very good work. I love your renders, nice and crisp with great lighting and contrast. 
    Many of these crits will be nitpicky but there are many of them, and they stand out in contrast to the otherwise high quality feel of the modeling and texturing.

The body of the UMP should be polymer, same as the stock and magazines.
    The m4 could could be optimized more without sacrificing fidelity, and the details such as text could be contrasted better by adding dirt in them.
    The 357 looks very good, but is entirely mirrored. You also have some wear details in the normal map, but the bare metal underneath the surface treatment isn't showing.
    The launcher is very well optimized, but I would maybe chamfer that curvy edge on the top-front of the stock since it's so close to the camera in first person. The pushy-safety clips weirdly into the body, adding a hole in the normals of the body would help sell the effect. The trigger is mirrored on the X axis, doubling the geo on the front, top and bottom. This also created some triangulation and UV issues on the front of the trigger.
    The chainsaw looks very good, but it looks like you added the AO onto the albedo of the bullets, making it pure black in places. Should be more uniform.
    The markings on the receiver are mirrored, consider flipping the text so the left side is prioritized, giving the side it it's own UV space, or removing the text from the mirrored bit and adding it to a floater plane that is blended with alpha.

Mirroring is a good way to save UV space, but there are some things to consider when doing it:
    -All markings will be flipped. Maybe detatch markings to a plane with alpha to make them unique, or prioritize the left side of weapon.
    -Hide the seam on bits that are close to the camera in first person by giving the top bits their own UV space, moving the seam further down the model.
    -Mirroring a trigger (see grenade launcher) on the X axis might not be the best option, as you're generating extra geometry on the front, bottom and top. Consider not mirroring the model, only the sides when unwrapping.
  • Rav3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rav3 interpolator
    Nice job on the weapons! 
  • MasterBeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanez, Thanks a lot for your feedback man. really appreciate it. I will definitely try to follow your advices. The thing is some of these models are old and retextured. I nave not touched uvs or geo, just textures.

Here is one of my latest model tho :)

Please let me know what you think guys.
    And thanks a lot for your feedbacks