Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Artstation Challenge - Beyond Human - Stylized Environment Art

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
The Artstation Challenge:
https://www.artstation.com/contests/beyond-human/challenges/30/submissions/20664?sorting=popular

The current progress:

made some bark in SD for the competition as well, trying to go for something stylized and not too noisy :)

I've also worked on a bunch of other things, learning more about materials/shaders but also how to work some of the particle systems in UE4.

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    Made another thing yesterday.  Trying to figure out good ways of having an emssive pulse a feel like it has a source in the world. So right now I've got a shader that has a pulse happening from a spot in the world. Which I'll try and use somehow :dizzy:

• shabba
    Offline / Send Message
    shabba polycounter lvl 15
    Hey Chris!
    Awesome to see you doing some more personal stuff again!

I have to say, I think i really like this image below the most - The contrast, and simple lines, everything pulled me right in. But on your latest image, i have no clue where to focus, and it is really busy. A lot of the appeal of the first image has been lost imo. The latest image is sprinkled with little things everywhere. Hopefully you can bring back some of the magic of this image!

Goodluck! And hope you're doing well sir :)

Darren

• chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Darren! Yeah this is what keeps me up at night, I need more detail but I sometimes feel like it's hurting the result more than helping it. I need to try and figure out what I should keep and what should go away.