Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Dropkick animation Critique please? SyncSketch inside

JhGreene
node
Offline / Send Message
JhGreene node
Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to continue pushing this animation and I'm stuck. I'm in blocking plus right now and everything is linear tangent. I'll take any and all critique from camera work to flat out better posing.  Thanks to you guys in advice.

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/170322#211136

p.s. How do you guys put effects in your animation?

Replies

• JhGreene
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JhGreene node
    @HeXiFy I just saw your post about SyncSketch. Sorry about the inconvenience. 
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    I wouldn't worry about the effects until the anim is at a good place, the effects should just be the icing on the cake.

f7 - he's off balance. He lifts his back foot up at the same the moves back. he would fall over pretty quickly.

f8 - spacing pop for back leg.

f10 - back foot looks like it's floating about when it should be planted.

f24 - Feels slow in here. Have him spped up through here ready for the push off which launches him into the air.

f37 - squash him here. 

f43 - jump up fels too fast. Mixture of timing/spacing issues.

f50 - is he using his hands for support? I don''t really feel it in his body. I would imagine he would go into a squash pose as his shoulders shoot up to take the weightand then he jumps off. depends on what kind of action you're going for. Shoot ref or find some online.

f86 - Circle effect not needed.

f93 - spin feels unjustified. I'm not sure about the mechanics of it but I would imagine you have to curl up quickly to initiate the rotation.

I would go back to stepped and nail down the poses/mechanics first. If these aren't solid, your foundation will be weak and your end result will suffer.

Keep going, make the changes and then post an update.

• JhGreene
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JhGreene node
    @AGoodFella I'll get these critiques up ASAP and I'll tag you in it.

• Forever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forever polycounter lvl 3
    AGoodFella has a lot of the points I was gonna made so just a couple. 

- Contact pose when he hits the other guy at the end of the dropkick (I just said this same thing in another thread so it seems to be my favourite piece of advice ahah). 

- And your toe is raised a weird amount on the start of the runup. Put it on the ground it it'll make the take off feel just that little bit better. 

That's all I've got to add. Keep it up!