Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArtStation Challange - The Psychic

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sense42 polycounter lvl 6
I have decided to enter in the ArtStation challange one more time and to do so I chose a Taran Fiddler's concept

For this one I'll record the entire process creation to make a complete breakdown if the character turn out well.

At the moment I have worked on the base mesh, but I forgot to turn on the recorder (lol) so I'll do it again. Any tips or critiques would be really appreciated during this journey.

Replies

• Sense42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked more on anatomy and proportions.
  • Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    Hey at the moment I'd say that her body shape is a little off. I'd suggest moving back a step and getting her proportions in check before moving onto refining musculature. I'd say that she's a little broad at the minute and generally more 'built' than in the concept. Also her arms seem a little short :) Look forward to seeing where this is going the concept is rad
  • Sense42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank for the feedback @Jarran

Here's another update. First an anatomy and proportions adjustement.

Than I blocked in clothes with Marvelous and made all the different polygroups that I need. I used Marvelous just to get realistic seams placement, but I have used clothes settings to not heve folds on pants and jacket. I want to make flods the hard way from scratch.

• Sense42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next update for Ira. Woked on cloth seams, folds block out and initial face block out.

And some face close ups. I have more eperience with stylized character and faces so making a realistic one is really a challange. Faces are really hard and female faces are the hardest imho. It's still really bad, bad planes and proportions should be there, I think.

• Sense42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another update on the face. This is my first test for her face. Something is wrong with her eyes.

I made another test starting from zero and here's the result. I like more how eyes turned out on this one. So I'll try to blend the two faces into one.